An Outlook from an Optimistic Manager at 5am

It is Saturday, July 19th 4:45am. Why am I up this early? Is it Farkas’ several attempts to put his leg over me while I slept? Am I still hungover from the debauchery that ensued (drinking) with the Coffee brothers and Corbett on Thursday night? Is it Bortmas’ and Hatt’s sketchiness from across the room? I think those might be some/none of the reasons why, but I’m going with the fact that the 365-day hiatus from NWLA wiffleball is finally over. The atmosphere at the practice sessions and Friday night festivities was electric last night – even in the rain! It is wet and rainy still, but that isn’t going to stop us from going out and having a blast in one hour. As I type this article, I am also filling out my lineup card for our long anticipated rematch versus CWBC, which is fittingly in the rain, again. Will we ever get to play this “club” in preferable conditions? Maybe not. Farkas is now humming in his sleep – boy this is weird. Sam Hatt made eye contact with me and went back to bed. I have already paced the halls two times this morning and contemplated writing an “Herb Brooks” style speech for when we play Tampa. I guess you can say I’m a little nervous in my first ever stint as a manager. All I can hope for is that everyone is a little bitter after our performance last year and that we build on that for this year’s tournament. Well, looks it’s getting close to wake up time for the guys, I can’t wait to see everyone in a few hours! Best of luck to all teams and Dads!

Regards,

Alex Shore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, sign your name to your comments.