Thoughts from the Top

Shocked, relieved, and accomplished are just a few of the words that come to mind when I reminisce on this past weekend. First and foremost, On behalf of the entire WSEM gang, I would like to thank Chris Gallaway and the Host Committee for all of their hard work leading up to this spectacular congregation of wiffle ball! As always, I couldn’t have asked for a better weekend!

Next, I am absolutely thrilled to have won the NWLA Tournament! This team worked hard preparing for this tournament and I couldn’t think of a better parting gift for Carl Coffee in his final year as WSEM Commissioner. Building on that, I am absolutely grateful to have been selected by Carl to lead this team and elevate WSEM to one of the elite wiffle ball leagues in the country! Ever since I joined this league four years ago, I knew it was something special and last weekend proved it! Another congratulations goes out to Stephen Farkas! Congrats on winning the NWLA MVP – you join an elite class of Wiffle-ballers such as Ryan Bush and Chris Harley! I am very proud of this league and organization for their support of this team – and I hope that they will allow me to return as manager in 2015.

Next up, I would like to extend my deepest apologies to all of those who were offended by the podcast in any way or form (Huntington Wiffle ball league)! Every year we get to meet some new people and I have to say, this years cast and crew was the best yet! The HRL and HWL crew’s were a riot as always! Carl made new #friends in Drew McClanahan, Jeremy Ray, and Brian Ball and our league FINALLY beat Tampa bay improving to 1-5 all time versus the Floridians! It feels like a relief to be on top of this tournament for the next calendar year! As we were celebrating that was the emotion both Carl and myself were feeling the most – even more so than joy. It was a relief to feel like we finally made a name for WSEM and I’m very honored to be a part of that!

Overall, It was a great weekend! I miss everyone all ready and I’m already excited to start talking about next year’s tournament! I can’t thank Commissioner Gallaway enough for all he has done and Carl for allowing me to manage the Dads! Now, I can finally sleep right for a year straight knowing that Chris Harley didn’t hit a grand slam against us, we beat up on the PWL (as usual) and that we are the champions! I can’t wait till next year!

P.S The trophy looks awfully pretty on my mantle!

I wish everyone the best of health and luck in their endeavors for the next year!

Until then, carpe diem!

Regards,

Alex Shore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, sign your name to your comments.