6-Pack Fun, Vol. 2: Fields

Coffee Time
by Carl Coffee

I believe we often forget just how unique it is to have so many fields in WSEM, both current and historic. These were my favorite fields to play on.

6. Frenchtown Field
This is the only field on this list that lacks creativity. However, I can’t ignore the fact that this field was always well maintained and being elevated prevented it from ever being flooded.


5. Holy Grounds
There is something very nostalgic about the Holy Grounds. It may be the alley past the home run fence or the school in the background; I just love the feel of this field.


4. The Drey
This field was the ultimate pitcher’s park, and no matter what side of the plate you hit on, hitting it out wasn’t easy.


3. Knockout Park
This field is often forgotten about when talking about some of the best fields in our league. They went all out here with their scoreboard in left field, and their creative outfield fencing.


2. Poolside Park
The epitome of a backyard field is Poolside Park. Every time I walk into the Bischoff’s backyard I just get excited.


1. Pervis Memorial
Every single time I visited Pervis Memorial it got better and better. Their improvements and fine attention to detail makes this my favorite field in WSEM history.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, sign your name to your comments.