Field Name Power Rankings

Coffee Time
by Carl Coffee

My power ranking obsession has hit an all-time low, as I ranked the names of the ten fields. Simply the names are looked at. Pretty lame, eh? How bored is Carl? If I power rank enough ridiculous things, which I will probably do, I want to power rank all my power ranking subjects at the end of the season. Let’s do this!

speaking of tomfoolery, i think we've met out match in the wsem crew - truck


10.  The Island It’s better than Lafayette Park, but still pretty lame. They have the whole pirate theme to work with, but choose to just use a piece of sub-continental land that is surrounded by water as its name.

9.  Poolside Park Part of the backyard pool is used as its leftfield fencing. Ooooooooooooooo. Has this pool ever been open?!?! It should be Closedpool Park. The only backyard field in the league has a snoozefest name.

8.  The Reservation This is the most racist field name in the league without a doubt. I guess it works, but it just doesn’t do it for me.

7.  The ‘Gian Joint The Belgian Wiffles change their field every year, and the name this year is ok. Gin is a terrible drink though, so for that, they get the #7 spot.

6. Chestnut Field The Drey was one of the best field names ever, and New Drey was also up there. I was pulling for Newest Drey or New New Drey, but I guess that’s over the top. Chestnut Field is middle of the road.

5.  Pervis Memorial They named their field after a dead cat, and somehow it fits. Most people simply call it ‘Pervis’ without knowing the history. Now you know.

4.  King’s Castle The King (captain) of King Friday, David Castle, cleverly incorporates his name in this one. I would have also liked ‘The Eureka.’

3.  Holy Grounds I am guessing this field name was easy to choose. It’s clever and fitting, but ranks at #3 since the top two make me laugh more.

2.  Jerk Turf Jerk Turf was chosen over Masturbation Station, but I guess that would have been a mouthful. Jerk Turf roles of the tongue.


1. Jason Matt Memorial Field Four members of the Wolfpack found out about WSEM last year thanks to their Meijer co-worker, Jason Matt. They honor him by naming their wacky field after him. Very fitting.


Matt Dancza, The Man - Jason Matt, Mark Brannan, and Jason Hollister

2 comments:

Please, sign your name to your comments.