Marching to April

A Cup of Nick Coffee
by Nick Coffee

As the Michigan sky turns from gray to blue. The snow melts, as it was never welcomed in the first place. Winter ending and spring only a couple weeks away, wiffle ball is on all of our minds. I find myself so excited that I browse the Internet for ideas to make our field the best in the league. I'm starting to plan blueprints for an eye-catching strike zone. I even write, well, these articles when I really should be working. I got a fever. And the only prescription is more wiffle ball.

I moved back to Michigan from Florida last year in May and the weather was already perfect. I heard from family and friends that it was a very mild winter with almost no snow. I wish that was the case this year. Those occasional 60-degree days that we sporadically have urge us to head outside and throw the ball around. I can't wait for those days to come. I finally watched first spring training game on television this year. Even though it was pretty boring, it got me really excited to listen to a real game on the way to our wiffle ball games and, while playing, ask every 10-15 minutes "What's the score?" to the closest guy with an iPhone.


Weird headband tan lines
Now that I'm part of King Friday I don't have much of an opinion as a team representative anymore. My brother isn't the captain and I don't really know all the guys on my team. I'm still online every chance I have looking up different field dimensions and fencing to make our field spectacular. I haven't even seen the space yet; I don't even know what city it's in! Carl and I have drawn up different ways to make something different with our home run fence. With a King Friday theme, we've toyed around with a castle or train somewhere. I don't know how well that will work though. I'm also looking at a unique way to make our strike zone. I don't want to give anything away, but if I do end up doing what I want, it will be extremely unique and one-of-a-kind. Corbett wants me to attach a firework launcher on the back of it... We'll see about that.

I love playing MLB: The Show with Carl, but I'm sick of sitting on the couch all day. I want to get outside. I want to sweat and get a weird headband tan line. I want to come into work Monday morning so sore I can barely walk. I'm pumped to start this season! When I get excited about something, I get a little obsessed. I will spend money, time, and labor to make our field spectacular. We may not be the best team on paper, but after you play us you will not forget playing King Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, sign your name to your comments.